The Institute of Communications and Computer Systems (ICCS) is a nonprofit academic research body established in 1989 by the Greek Ministry of Education to carry out research and development activity in the area of telecommunications systems and techniques, computer systems, and their applications. The personnel of ICCS consist of academic staff (ca. 80 University Professors), 20 senior researchers and more than 500 other researchers (incl. Ph.D. students) in 20 research labs. ICCS is active in the European research and has served as project manager on many EU projects in various programs (e.g. EC, ISIS, RACE II, ESPRIT, IES, ACTS, INFOSEC, BRITE-EURAM, STRIDE, MIP-Informatics, Telematic Applications, IST, GROWTH, QoL, FP6, etc). ICCS is certified to conform to ISO 9001 quality management system standard. The I-SENSE is one of the Research Groups of the Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS).
The I-SENSE Group, having extensive expertise in EC Research projects, consists of 35 researchers and is very active in a number of Scientific and Research Areas with main Application Areas the Intelligent Transportation Systems, Virtual Environments, Assistive Technologies as well as Smart Integrated Systems & Communication.
The Technical University of Kosice is a public university established in 1952 by the Slovak government. Currently It has nine faculties and about 15,000 students, providing education (on Bc, MSc and PhD level) and doing research in a wide range of technical and non-technical fields. Staff of two faculties – the Faculty of Economics and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, will be involved in the project. Members of the project team have extensive experience in FP projects, participating so far in about 20 FP projects in the area of knowledge management (FP4-KnowWeb, ENRICH), eHealth (eTEN-I2Health) e-government (FP5-Webocracy, FP7-SAKE, FP7-Access-eGov,FP7-OCOPOMO, FP7-eGovPoliNet), embedded systems (FP6-HYDRA), networked enterprises (FP7-SPIKE), energy efficient buildings (FP7-Adapt4EE), smart grid (FP7-INERTIA), Internet of Things (FP7-ebbits), smart city (FP7-Urnan Sensing) etc. Its responsibility in majority of these projects was mainly development of semantic technology-based SW solutions. The main expertise of TUK team is in artificial intelligence (machine learning, heuristic search, planning, neural networks, data and text mining etc.), knowledge modelling (mainly ontology-based), and semantic technologies with applications in various domains (eGovernment, eHealth, eBusiness etc.).
The University of Málaga is a large size and general purpose study university located in the south of Spain.
DIANA is a multidisciplinary group that, since 1999, aims at the study and development of HCI, and especially Virtual Reality (VR) interaction techniques that include VR Simulation for Training, Interaction in 3D Virtual Environments (VE), Haptic Interaction and Presence in VE. The research activity of the DIANA group takes place in the VR & HCI laboratory at the Department of Electronic Technology.
Vianet is an Italian SME founded in 1993 and has worked on more than 500 projects across academia, industry and the public sphere, actively collaborating with government, public administrations and citizens. Clients include Sony, Nintendo, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Dior, Johnson & Johnson, and the Government of Singapore. Vianet uses strategic design as a means to define, drive, implement and support innovation processes and focuses on two main areas – design practice and research activities – through the following processes:
– Set up of iterative design loops in order to foster and drive both technology-push innovation and meaning-driven innovation
– Engagement of end-users and relevant stakeholders in the design process (co-design, participatory design, emergent design, design for use before use)
– Piloting infrastructures to test social, cultural, economic implications of innovation ideas put in contexts
– Design and implementation of services based on advanced technology: interactive experiences, information aesthetics visualizations, e-learning digital platforms, responsive architecture.
It is headquartered in Rome (Italy), with commercial hubs in Malmö (Sweden) and Boston. In the past five years, it has been working on experimenting with platforms to create mixed-media, multi-author, open-ended publications that leverage several technologies to re-conceptualize current narrative forms. Vianet has a long experience in EU-funding (H2020, FP7, Capacities, Environment, European Structural Funds, Media, Digicult, eContent).
The Dyson School of Design Engineering at Imperial was formed in 2014, building on decades of excellence in design and engineering. Our focus is on product, service, system and experience design, with particular attention to the integration and optimization of technical, human, social and economic factors. Research in the School is addressed by three principal groups: Industrial Design and Human Factors; Design Methodology; Autonomous Systems and Manufacture.
XTeam Software Solution develops software and video games for over 20 years for desktop, mobile, web and console. XTeam Software Solution focuses on the development of algorithms, engines and visual technologies for marketing and entertainment:
· C++ / java / c# high performance 2D engines for mobile games (iPhone, iPad, Android, Android Tablet, Win8)
· C++ / OpenGL / DirectX high performance 3D engines for desktop and console (Windows, MacOs, XNA)
· Innovative graphics algorithms for advanced manipulation of photos and images (128bits for single pixel) used for the development of photo-editing programs and Adobe Photoshop plugins
· Real Time raytracing for high-quality real time render
· Creation of AI for videogames (like chess and card simulator)
· Augmented reality for architectural CAD (openDWG Alliance)
· Web development
· Directly contribute to R&D in the area of interaction design
XTEam Software Solutions has developed some innovative web technologies like a HTML5 tourism portal for Ferrara , PHP remote data management systems for update the information of portals.
On 2014-2015 XTEam Software Solutions has developed a PHP client/server for multiplayer game “Retaliation Enemy Mine” to use more game center ( Desura, Steam, ConquerClub, Apple Game Center ) with a only account and developed “Retaliation Enemy Mine for adobe flash” for Forgotten Empires.
The Piraeus Bank Group Cultural Foundation (PIOP) is a nonprofit foundation operating under private law. In accordance with its statutes, its operational costs, including those of its Museums, are covered by the Piraeus Bank Group. At the same time, PIOP pursues the co-financing of certain projects through national and European funding. The basic statutory goals of the Foundation are:
1) to record and promote Greece’s cultural heritage and identity,
2) to preserve the traditional, artisanal and industrial technology of our country,
3) to link culture with the environment and sustainable development.
These goals are achieved through:
a) the creation and management of a Network of thematic Museums of technology in the Greek provinces, where the specific nature of production in the corresponding region is highlighted, focusing on the three fold “People-Environment-Culture” as well as turning Museums to active places of interaction with the public as well as to custodians of the cultural and natural values of the landscape,
b) the implementation of a research program on cultural landscapes in Natura 2000, in particular with respect to an integrated approach for the joint management of cultural and natural heritage,
c) the study of intangible cultural heritage,
d) the design and implementation of educational programs and activities,
e) the participation in the public dialogue for the definition of the strategies to be followed in the area of the preservation of cultural and natural heritage.
As of 2010, the Cultural Foundation has focused its efforts on the link between culture and the environment. The first step was to build and operate the Environment Museum at Stymfalia; an area that reflects Greece’s rich cultural and natural heritage. The second step was to become involved in a project which is part of the EU LIFE program to promote sustainable management of the Stymfalia landscape, with special consideration to the joint protection of the natural and cultural heritage of the area. Recently, the Cultural Foundation is implementing a new program, namely the study and preservation of cultural landscapes, particularly those which are situated within Natura 2000 sites. It has also contributed to the development of a new policy that will safeguard and promote natural and cultural heritage at the same time, via initiatives such as the support of the Ministry of Culture for the catalogue of intangible heritage of UNESCO and the organization of an International Meeting “Cultural Landscapes in Natura 2000 sites” in October 2014, in Athens and Stymfalia.
The Foundation is accredited to UNESCO for the catalogue of intangible heritage, a member of Europa Nostra, of the International Council of Museums and of the European Museum Academy.
The East Slovakian Museum is one of the oldest museums in Slovakia, established in 1872. The Museum collects, does research, and organizes exhibitions of tokens of our past. The Museum manages several collection funds (Botany, Zoology, Mineralogy, Paleontology, Archaeology, Ceramics, Guilds and crafts, Numismatics, Badges and medals, Historical print, Military, books, Fine arts, Historical clothes, Musical instruments, Icons, Folklore, Historical furniture, Porcelain, Historical pharmacy, Historical photos, Smith crafts, Goldsmith jewelry). Its collections cover several exhibition areas:
· The Nature of the Carpathians’, natural history exhibition takes visitors through the natural beauties of Slovakia, the history of the Earth; tell them about historical geology, paleontology, mineralogy, fauna and flora.
· The exhibition ´Centuries of Art´ uncovers the history of arts and crafts. In addition to an interesting collection of visual arts, it includes a replica of a historical pharmacy.
· The exhibition ´Košice throughout the Centuries´ is in the Mikluš´s Prison presents the history of the city, its guilds and trade. It is also a historical prison with its specific genius loci where you can learn more about life of the executioner. In the Executioner´s Lodgings authentic executioner´s swords and visualization of the gradual building changes of this area are presented.
· In the courtyard of the Executioner´s Bastion is a replica of the exile home of Francis Rákoci 2nd – “Rodosto”, where artefacts related to the life and death of Francis Rákoci 2nd are displayed.
· In the Executioner´s Bastion there is a section dedicated to medieval fortifications of Kosice, including Bastion´s guns emplacements and historic firearms.
· The ´House of Crafts´ is built over an original moat, revealing its remains as well as various crafts.
· Unique Košice Gold Treasure is one of the most significant findings of its kind in the world, has been reopened to public in 2013 in a new installation.
· In the courtyard of Historical building of Museum is Wooden Church from Kožuchovce.
The Museum also participates in archaeological research projects, e.g. in archaeological research on Hrnčiarska street – various phases of the city fortification; in village Nižná Myšľa – fortified village from the Bronze Age; Rankovce – Germanic cremation burying ground etc.
Total number of staff members: 62 of different professions – curators, history of arts, archaeology, biology, paleontology, mineralogy, zoology, ethnography, archival science, librarian, admin staff.
Clio Muse PC is a company that develops applications for cultural institutions such as Museums and galleries. It’s main application is Clio Muse app which is an award winning mobile application that curates the best cultural stories for indoor and outdoor tours. It shares true, unique, intriguing and unexpected short stories for selected exhibits or points of interest from around the world. Stories can vary from recipes or fun facts to historical info. All stories last no more than 20 seconds. Clio Muse is currently available for Android on Google Play and iOS devices on AppStore, in English and Greek languages.
Clio Muse is:
For Users: a tour-guide app in cultural spaces and city walks
For Cultural/Touristic entities: a digital guide for exhibitions, tours and events, and a tool for statistics and audience development
Especially for Cultural/Touristic entities, Clio Muse is a partner and a tool that can host and curate cultural exhibitions, city walks and events by cultural NGOs, Museums, Galleries, other exhibition areas, cultural teams and travel agencies. In this way it creates a global cultural community.
Since launching in February 2014, Clio Muse has hosted 20 exhibitions/tours in Athens, Greece, Vienna, Austria and Boston, Massachusetts has earned 6 distinctions – awards globally and has 5.500 and its stories have been read 50.000 times.
Clio muse PC is also supported by great foundations such as the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Greece, US Embassy in Greece, KLM – Air France, Municipality of Amsterdam, The Hellenic Initiative, International Accelerator of Austin, Texas, Lambrakis Foundation, Edward T. Cone Foundation, Athens University of Economics and Business, Panteion University, University of Sapienza.
Clio Muse PC was founded by Andreas Fatouros, Conservator of Antiquities and Works of Art, Yiannis Nikolopoulos, Electrical and Computer Engineer, and Daphne Tsevreni, Business Administrator. Today it employs 14 people that specialize in different fields such as User Interface and User Experience Design, Coding, History, Archaeology & Museology, English native translation, Photography & Design.