ViMM: An Action for Visual Museums
Virtual Multimodal Museum (ViMM) is a high-visibility and participative Coordination and Support Action (CSA), funded under the EU Horizon 2020 programme (CULT-COOP-8-2016).
ViMM brings together Europe and the world’s leading public and private sector organisations working on Virtual Museums and in the wider sector of Digital Cultural Heritage, to support high quality policy development, decision making and the use of technical advances. The partner consortium is supported by an expert Advisory Group in building the ViMM Framework, involving decision-makers and expert practitioners in defining and resolving issues spread across 7 interlinked Thematic Areas (‘the 7 Ds’): Definitions – Directions – Documentation – Dimensions -Demand – Discovery – Decisions.
During its lifetime, the action is expected to bring major results in the field that will include:
- A highly interactive and wide-reaching ViMM communication Platform which enables focused contributions and Working Group discussion by everyone interested and provides access to innovations, cases of excellence and decision-support;
- Key events at policy and practitioner/ stakeholder levels and extensive use of social media;
- A clearer, evidence-based view of the impact of Virtual Museums and Digital Cultural Heritage on society and the economy;
- A Manifesto and Roadmap for Action to be validated at the final ViMM international conference in 2019.
PLUGGY and its partners enjoy the benefits of being members of the ViMM community of stakeholders, participating in ViMM’s highly interactive and engaging Working Groups and sharing knowledge with other experts in the Digital Cultural Heritage (DCH) field.
You could also join the ViMM community and experience several benefits, networking with several decision-makers and DCH expert practitioners and contributing to its unique sustainable Platform by:
- Registering on the ViMM’s official site, through a simple procedure which enables you to login;
- Posting news, events, examples of best practice, innovation and uses of technology to its Platform;
- Joining or contributing to the discussion in one or more of ViMM’s 21 Working Groups.